While the number of female workout enthusiasts has grown exponentially in recent years, so has the number of women who quit their exercise routines after just a few short weeks. In order to not be counted among this number, it’s important to consider these nine ways to stay motivated while working out as a female. The key to maintaining your exercise regimen is to find the motivation that works best for you and stick with it. If you can do that, then you’ll find yourself enjoying the healthy lifestyle that comes along with regular workouts and feeling great about your body!
Nike’s iconic slogan is applicable to working out, too. Sometimes, the hardest part of a workout is getting started. Once you’re in the gym or on the track, it’s easier to keep going.
– Set small goals (five sentences): Trying to lose 20 pounds in two weeks is not only unrealistic, but it’s also setting yourself up for disappointment. Instead of looking at the big picture, focus on smaller goals that you can achieve, such as working out three times a week or running a 5K race.
– Find a workout buddy (six sentences): A workout buddy can help you stay accountable and motivated. They can also make working out more fun!
It can be easy to get caught up in the societal pressure to look a certain way. But it’s important to remember that every body is different and unique. So don’t put unnecessary pressure on yourself to look like someone else. Just focus on being the best version of yourself.
– Set realistic goals (five sentences): Trying to lose 20 pounds in two weeks is not only unrealistic, but it’s also unhealthy. So set realistic goals for yourself that you can actually achieve. This will help you stay motivated and on track.
– Find a workout buddy (three sentences): It can be hard to stay motivated when you’re working out by yourself.
We all know how it feels to scroll through our feed and see people with perfect bodies doing amazing things. It’s easy to get caught up in comparing ourselves to others and feeling like we’ll never be good enough. But here’s the thing: those people are not you and you are not them. You are on your own fitness journey and you should be proud of every step you take, no matter how small. So before you head to the gym, make sure to put your phone away and focus on yourself.
– Find a workout buddy (three sentences): accountability is key when it comes to working out, especially for women. We’re often our own worst critics and it’s easy to talk ourselves out of going to the gym or taking that extra spin class. However, when someone else is there pushing us along, we have much more motivation to succeed.
– Get creative with your workouts: Women often find themselves stuck in a routine that they aren’t happy with because they don’t know what else to do. There are so many different types of workouts out there and by getting creative with yours, you’ll never get bored! If you’ve been doing cardio for awhile now and want something new try strength training or vice versa! Or if you want something really fun why not try aerial yoga? There’s always something new out there waiting for you! Remember, it doesn’t matter where you start; what matters is where you end up. Sometimes finding a new type of workout can seem intimidating but once you get over the fear, it can actually be quite enjoyable. Don’t forget that even if you’re not at your goal weight yet, every single time you step into the gym or go for a run outside- you’re building yourself up and getting closer to where you want to be. Plus, who knows? Maybe this will help inspire other women too! This was the moment I had waited my whole life for. This is my body. My temple. And I am no longer scared of it. I’m not a Barbie Doll, I’m powerful woman!
Working out can be tough, especially when you don’t have the right motivation. Listening to music you enjoy can help get you in the zone and make the time fly by. Here are some of our favorite fitness motivation quotes for women, from some of our favorite female artists.
If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done. -Anonymous
I can and I will. -Cara Delevingne
No one is going to hand me success. I have to take it with both hands and fight for it. I can’t wait around for other people to give me things. Sometimes that’s what gets people down- they’re waiting around for someone else to come along and take care of them, but that’s not how life works. You have to take care of yourself first. It may sound selfish, but you need to love yourself before you can expect anyone else to. Do your best work and set high goals for yourself. Give 110% every day and refuse to let anything or anyone stop you from getting there. Keep pushing forward no matter what life throws at you, because everything worth fighting for is worth fighting through! Women lift weights too and these inspiring quotes are perfect if you need an extra push during your workout. In order to get stronger, we have to keep doing the exercises that challenge us. A woman who trains hard eventually sees growth—strength gains and more muscle tone—even if she has trouble seeing them on her own body. Even when it doesn’t feel like we’re making progress, strength training is still building new muscles under our skin, increasing bone density, balancing hormones, boosting metabolism, and improving cardiovascular health. The benefits of strength training often aren’t visible until later on (but trust us: they are happening).
– Find an exercise buddy: Having a friend or family member join you for your workouts helps break up any monotony and allows you to share support and encouragement with each other.
You’re more likely to stick with a workout routine if you have specific goals in mind. Whether you want to lose weight, gain muscle, or simply improve your overall health, setting attainable goals will help keep you motivated.
– Find a workout buddy (five sentences): Having someone to workout with can make the process more enjoyable and help keep you accountable. If you don’t have any friends who are interested in fitness, there are plenty of online communities and forums where you can find workout buddies.
– Join a gym or fitness class (three sentences): If working out at home isn’t for you, joining a gym or taking a fitness class can be a great way to stay motivated. Once you’ve established a regular routine, it’s easy to feel discouraged when life gets busy. Gyms provide an additional outlet for staying active even when the weather is too cold outside or you need some extra motivation from trainers. Plus, they often offer discounts on classes so it doesn’t cost much money to try something new.
Some women may worry about feeling intimidated by other members of the gym because they are stronger than them and lifting heavier weights but remember that all women lift weights! We see examples of strong female athletes all over social media such as Serena Williams and Michelle Obama lifting weights so we know that it’s not something only men do. No matter what your skill level is, there is always room for improvement! Check out these quotes below that should motivate you to get back into the swing of things this year:
– The first time I did a push-up was at age 47. – Jane Fonda
– Strong women like me – Dwayne The Rock Johnson I’m 42 years old now and I’m still trying to take my shirt off, showing my abs. To be honest with you, it takes six hours a day for me to maintain the body that I have. -Dwayne The Rock Johnson
Some people think women aren’t as muscular. But women put just as much hard work into their bodies as guys do. -Kaitlyn Brace
When it comes to working out, setting specific goals can help you stay motivated. Whether you want to lose weight, gain muscle, or simply improve your fitness level, having a goal in mind will help you stay focused and on track.
– Find a workout buddy (three sentences): Having someone to workout with can also help keep you motivated. Not only will you have someone to help push and encourage you, but you’ll also be more likely to stick with your workout routine if you have someone else counting on you.
– Join a gym or fitness class (two sentences): If working out on your own isn’t your thing, then consider joining a gym or taking a fitness class. By finding an activity that is fun for you, you’ll feel less inclined to skip out on your workouts.
There are tons of quotes from famous women about being strong and staying fit that can serve as inspiration for females at the gym. And there are many inspiring quotes about the importance of staying fit for females all over the internet- just search fitness inspiration female and woman lifting weights quotes to find some great ones! Plus, here are gym quotes for women to get pumped up for their next workout:
Fitness isn’t something you do; it’s who you are. — Kathy Smith
I still exercise every day because I know I’m never going to look like this again. — Sophia Loren
It’s not the amount of time we spend training, but how much effort we put into each session. — Aly Raisman has been one of my favorite athletes ever since she competed in the 2012 Olympics. In 2016, she was a member of the gold medal winning team in Rio and helped inspire me to work harder than ever before. For those days when you’re feeling down and unmotivated, take some time to watch her inspirational video below.
I hope these words will inspire other women out there so they too can find motivation through fitness! 1) To be successful, you must have enthusiasm. – Paul J. Meyer
2) You don’t grow until after you go though the uncomfortable process of stretching yourself beyond what you think are your limits. – Amelia Earhart
3) A positive attitude will lead to success. – Zig Ziglar once said you can have anything you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want. We need to start encouraging women everywhere to live healthier lifestyles and provide them with the tools necessary to make it happen. Giving encouragement starts by telling others about our successes, which not only helps motivate them but also makes us feel good about ourselves. Remember that even small changes make a big difference over time, so try incorporating one healthy habit into your daily routine today—and tell somebody about it!
3) A positive attitude will lead to success. – Brian Tracy
Even though working out can sometimes feel like a chore, it’s important to remember that it’s actually leisure time. You’re doing something for yourself that will make you feel better, both physically and mentally. So, don’t be too hard on yourself if you miss a day or two. Just get back into it and enjoy the process.
– Set small goals (three sentences): It can be helpful to set small goals when working out, rather than thinking about the end goal. For example, instead of saying I want to lose 20 pounds, try setting a goal of working out three times per week for 30 minutes. – Log your workouts: As you work out, it’s good to log your workouts in an app or online tracker so that you can see how far you’ve come.
– Workout with friends: One way to stay motivated is by going to the gym with friends.
– Consider getting a trainer: Hiring a personal trainer might help keep you motivated because they will push you harder than anyone else would. Fitness motivation quotes from females can also give you inspiration while exercising. It’s not just me who wants to see me succeed, she said. There are other people counting on me, depending on me. And that’s what motivates me to work out now. But even more than that, it was being able to have someone there telling me what I should do next and telling me what my body could do – because before this, I had no idea. The gym quotes for women helped inspire her so much that she began teaching aerobics classes at her local gym. She said I always had this sense of insecurity whenever I went into a room full of men. She finally felt comfortable teaching fitness classes when she saw more women around her age joining the class. It made me realize that I’m never going to be lifting weights with the guys, she said. But there are plenty of ladies who lift weights.
– Recognize your accomplishments: When working out, it’s easy to focus on all the things you haven’t done yet, but it’s equally important to recognize your accomplishments along the way.
– Find an exercise routine that suits you: Sometimes finding a workout routine comes down to trial and error until you find one that works best for you. The most important thing is finding something sustainable so that you can stick with it long term. Most importantly, listen to your body. If you think it needs a break, take one. If you feel sore after certain exercises, cut back on them. However, keep in mind that some soreness is normal and a sign of progress. Listen to your body! Remember that the whole point of working out is feeling healthy. Whether you want to go running, bike riding, swim laps, yoga practicing or anything else — as long as you are moving — then it counts!
Whenever I am feeling low on motivation to work out, I think about how good it will feel afterwards. I also remember my long-term goal of staying healthy and fit, and how working out is a step in the right direction. Sometimes, simply reading fitness motivation quotes from other females helps me get in the right mindset.
I also find inspiration in watching other women lift weights or run marathons – if they can do it, so can I! And finally, one of the best ways to stay motivated while working out is by setting small goals along the way. For example, commit to going to the gym three times this week, or running five miles by the end of the month. Small accomplishments like these will keep you moving forward! With that said, here are some motivational fitness quotes for female readers: I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy; I’m telling you it’s worth it. – Unknown
I have the key to success; all I need is more time. – Oprah Winfrey It’s easy to become frustrated when your workout plan isn’t meeting your expectations. It may be tempting to give up, but instead take the time to make adjustments. Slow down with your exercises, eat better meals, start weight training…anything that will help you get back on track. After all, consistency is key for maintaining fitness! once said The best exercise is the one you’ll actually do. It sounds simple enough, but it really rings true. Setting realistic goals for yourself can help make sure that those goals become your reality. What does your dream life look like? What are your ambitions? Where would you love to be six months from now? It doesn’t matter what your ultimate goal is–weight loss, marathon training, yoga instructor certification–it matters that you believe in yourself and take steps towards reaching your dreams every day. One of my favorite inspirational quotes says Anything too hard for us becomes possible with just a little bit of hope. If there’s anything I’ve learned after years of weight lifting and going to the gym on a regular basis, it’s that hard work pays off. There are days where I don’t want to go at all, but once I set foot inside the gym and see others around me who seem determined to reach their goals, it inspires me. These are some of my favorite inspirational quotes for women who work out regularly: I cannot change what has happened nor what is yet to come. But I can influence today which will affect tomorrow. – Unknown I cannot change what has happened nor what is yet to come.
A great way to stay motivated while working out is to reward yourself for completing your workout. This could be in the form of a healthy snack, new workout clothes, or even just taking some time for yourself after your workout. Whatever it is, make sure it’s something you’ll look forward to so you can stay motivated week after week.
– Set small goals (eight sentences): One of the best ways to stay motivated while working out is to set small goals for yourself. These could be things like working out three times per week, running a certain distance, or lifting a certain amount of weight. – Get a friend: The power of having someone to work out with can’t be overstated. You’re more likely to go if you know someone else will be there too, and that person might give you extra motivation when needed.
– Take before and after pictures: Some people find this helpful in keeping themselves motivated. Seeing how much progress they’ve made might motivate them enough to keep going! – Join a class: Classes provide good examples of what proper form looks like, which might help people stay motivated during their workouts.
– Find someone who has fitness goals similar to yours: Finding another person who wants to achieve the same fitness goal(s) can be extremely motivating and provide great tips on how to do so. It can also be nice to have a workout buddy who shares similar interests. – There are many quotes from females talking about fitness and motivation, but here are a few favorites:
It’s all about positive self-talk. We are our own worst critics. – Serena Williams
I think any woman who exercises has thought about quitting at one point or another. – Candace Cameron Bure said, I’m really inspired by my trainer. She does her thing. She doesn’t focus on calories or dieting. And Debbie Harry said, I was never a big believer in diets because I always felt better when I was eating healthily. said, I am very competitive and I get my kids involved in playing sports. It’s important to me that they enjoy themselves. Gabby Douglas said, There are no shortcuts. Each quote helps show different aspects of staying motivated while being female. By reading these quotes, we hope you feel empowered and encouraged to stick with your fitness journey. Here are a few additional motivational fitness quotes from other women:
I don’t measure my success by my weight. I measure it by how strong I am. – Cheryl West