Starting your own fitness blog can be an exciting and rewarding experience, but it can also seem like quite the daunting task. To ensure you have all the information you need to get started, we’ve put together this step-by-step guide on how to start a fitness blog in 8 simple steps.
When starting a fitness journey blog, the first step is to pick your niche. This can be anything from weight loss to bodybuilding to Crossfit. Once you’ve decided on your niche, you can start creating content that will appeal to your target audience. For example, if you’re starting a blog about weight loss, you might want to write about healthy recipes, exercise tips, and motivation. If you’re starting a blog about Crossfit, it might be best to focus on workouts and technique. By picking your niche, you’ll be able to more easily identify topics for your future posts.
– Pick Your Platform: There are many different blogging platforms available for personal use. Some popular options include WordPress, Tumblr, and Medium. It’s important to choose a platform that offers the functionality you need at an affordable price point with few technical barriers of entry.
– Get Social: A successful blog starts with building a following online through social media sites like Facebook or Twitter. Posting regularly about new posts or articles helps keep followers engaged and interested in what you have to say.
– Hire Help: It’s not always easy to maintain consistent social media activity while also writing high quality articles every day of the week. In this case, hiring help can be a smart decision. You could hire someone to do things like post status updates or moderate comments and email subscribers on your behalf. In addition, hiring help makes it easier to increase traffic by running promotions or contests via social media.
– Write Consistently: The most successful blogs are those that publish multiple posts per week. To make sure you stay productive, set aside time each day to write a draft post as well as editing drafts created earlier in the week. It may take some trial and error before you find a schedule that works for you but don’t give up! Eventually, consistency will lead to increased readership which in turn leads to more opportunities for monetization through advertisements and sponsorships. But remember, these opportunities will only come when you’re consistently publishing high-quality content.
– Set Goals: Starting a blog doesn’t happen overnight so it’s important to set goals for yourself. Some people may want to grow their following on social media and others may want to drive website traffic by writing about trending topics. Whatever your goal is, make sure it aligns with the information provided above so that you can better plan how much time you’ll need weekly in order to achieve success.
Your domain name is your blog’s address on the internet. It’s how people will find you online, so it’s important to choose something that reflects your brand and is easy to remember. Here are a few tips for choosing the perfect domain name for your fitness blog:
1. Keep it short and sweet. A shorter domain name is easier for people to remember and type into their browser.
2. Make it relevant to your niche. If you’re starting a fitness blog, try to include keywords like fitness or health in your domain name.
3. Avoid using numbers and hyphens. These can be confusing for people and make your domain name harder to remember.
4. Brainstorm some ideas with friends or family members. You might have already thought of a great domain name while talking to someone else! You don’t want to settle on one just because you think it sounds good at first. Write down all of your options and then come back later when you’re feeling more creative! 5. Use Google AdWords Keyword Tool: When creating your domain name, search for what terms people would use when searching for your blog by using Google AdWords Keyword Tool. Add those words into the mix if they’ll help potential readers find your site faster. 6. Don’t limit yourself: Take advantage of all available domains, including .com, .net, .org, com ,com. You never know what word could catch on next! 7. Register your domain name through an appropriate service provider: Namecheap, Dreamhost, Network Solutions are all reputable providers who offer affordable packages for registering a new domain. Ask around – you may be able to get a referral code from an existing customer to save even more money! Once you’ve found the right provider, follow their instructions to register your new domain name. After submitting your payment information, confirm your email address and wait for confirmation. Now that you have everything ready to go, head over to BlueHost (or another web hosting service) and purchase hosting space. In order to create a website, you need both a domain name and web hosting space – but don’t worry! Web hosting services offer deals that start as low as $2.95 per month.
Now that you have your hosting and design squared away, it’s time to start setting up your fitness blog! I would recommend starting with a fitness journey blog. This is a great way to share your story and connect with others who are on a similar journey. Fitness blogs for beginners are also great because they can help you learn the ropes and figure out what works for you. Here are eight simple steps to get started:
1. Choose your platform.
2. Pick a domain name and host.
3. Set up your blog design.
4. Write compelling content.
5. Take beautiful photos.
6. Connect with other bloggers and influencers.
7. Promote your blog on social media
8. Build an email list for future growth and marketing opportunities
A good logo is key for any brand, and your fitness blog is no different. You want something that is easily recognizable and will help you stand out from the crowd. If you’re not a designer, there are plenty of places you can go to get help (just make sure you have the budget for it). Once you have your logo, you’ll also want to create some graphics for your blog posts. Again, if design isn’t your thing, there are plenty of resources out there that can help you create stunning graphics for your blog. For example, Canva has templates with all sorts of colors and fonts. The best part about using templates is that they come with all the designs pre-made for you, so all you need to do is fill in your content! – Create Your Editorial Calendar: As soon as you’ve created your blog’s social media accounts, start posting regularly on them. Whether it’s daily or weekly, keep people coming back by creating an editorial calendar. If posting once a week feels like too much commitment, post every other week or even once every two weeks. Whatever feels right for you! – Write Articles: In order to build a following on social media and attract readers on your website, start writing articles about topics related to fitness and health. Just remember that writing quality content takes time–and sometimes lots of research–so don’t expect instant results from just one post! Be patient and keep up the great work.
Once you’ve created a few successful blog posts, it’s time to start promoting them on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram etc. Promoting your own content means that you won’t be relying solely on organic traffic (traffic from search engines) and will be able to grow more quickly because of increased engagement.
Now I know what you’re thinking–it seems like there’s never enough hours in the day! Don’t worry though; I’m here to help! Check out my list of 35 tools below that can help take some weight off your shoulders while still giving your audience great content:
List Of 35 Tools To Help You Run Your Fitness Website And Grow Your Following On Social Media
A fitness blog should have a catchy name that reflects the overall theme and tone of your website. Your content should be focused and target a specific audience. For example, if you want to start a fitness journey blog, you may want to write about your personal experiences starting out and offer tips for beginners.
– Find A Domain Name And Hosting (two sentences): Once you’ve chosen a theme, it’s time to find a domain name and hosting for your website. Your domain name should be reflective of your brand, easy to remember, and short.
– Set Up Your Site (three sentences): The next step is to set up your site. You can either do this yourself or hire someone to help you design your site. You can use templates or make one from scratch. There are many blogging platforms available on the internet including WordPress, Tumblr, Weebly, Wix, SquareSpace, Google Sites and more. Each has its own pros and cons so take some time to research which platform would best suit your needs before committing to one. Choose what type of layout will work best with your branding and then create a logo for your site as well as an attractive banner or background image. Add navigation tabs at the top of each page so visitors know where they are going while browsing through your website. Finally add any pages you would like to include such as About Me or Contact Info pages. Make sure all your links are working correctly and remove any unwanted ads or clutter.
– Develop Content For Your Website: Now that you have everything setup, it’s time to create new content! Create articles, videos, pictures and infographics all geared towards your niche audience. If you’re looking for ideas on how to get started check out Pinterest or Buzzfeed!
A fitness blog for beginners is a great way to share your knowledge and help others get started on their fitness journey. Here are eight simple steps to get started:
1. Choose your niche. What are you passionate about? What do you want to share with others?
2. Do your research. Once you know what you want to write about, it’s time to start reading other fitness blogs and see what’s already out there.
3. Create a list of content ideas. Now that you know what you want to write about and what’s already out there, it’s time to start brainstorming content ideas that will set your blog apart.
4. Choose a platform and domain name. It can be hard to choose which blogging platform to use, but here are some things to consider: Is the site easy to use? Does it offer the features you need? How much does it cost?
5. Decide how often you’ll post content. One thing I love about fitness blogging is that there’s no right or wrong answer when it comes to frequency–it all depends on your personal preference! For example, some bloggers post once a week while others post three times per day.
6. Designate a schedule for posting. You don’t need an editorial calendar if posting frequency is low, but if you have posts scheduled every day or multiple times per day then an editorial calendar might be helpful! 7. Write something! As soon as you create your first post, take a minute to congratulate yourself for taking this step towards creating a space where people can come to learn and grow alongside you. The best part about starting this journey is that there are so many ways it can go from here–so anything is possible!
8. Spread the word (and continue writing)! Now that you’ve started your blog, it’s time to tell people about it so they can follow along on this amazing journey with you. Share links to new posts on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, ask friends who may not yet be followers if they’d like updates via email or RSS feed…the possibilities are endless! If you’re looking for inspiration, try browsing through these awesome beginner friendly blogs. FitFluential provides up-to-date health and wellness news and advice for millennials by highlighting fitness influencers such as Dolvett Quince, Jana Webb, Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, Timothy Ferriss, Dr. Xand van Tulleken.
Get Fit Girl is run by Meredith Biscaro to provide women with the motivation they need to get fit. Her tips include 10 Ways To Combat Sugar Cravings and The 10 Best Gluten Free Flour Substitutes.
Inspired Body has been around since 2008; Run by Liz Garton Scanlon who has created a wonderful community of readers and writers interested in living healthy lives with an emphasis on faith, family and fun. She offers practical nutrition information and shares recipes on topics such as Mango and Pomegranate Smoothie, Paleo Breakfast Sandwich, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Cupcakes and Kettlebells is a blog that talks about fitness and self-improvement with an added dose of cupcakes.
Jennifer Nicole Lee’s blog is dedicated to weight loss, nutrition, fashion, beauty and life in general. She is a former America’s Next Top Model contestant and also the author of six books.
Before you start your fitness blog, you need to choose what categories you want to write about. Will you focus on workout routines, healthy recipes, or product reviews? Once you’ve decided on your niche, it’s time to get started!
-Pick a Platform (five sentences): Once you know what you want to write about, it’s time to pick a platform. WordPress and Blogger are two popular choices for fitness bloggers. If you’re not sure which one is right for you, do some research or ask fellow bloggers for their recommendations.
-Come Up with a Name (three sentences): The next step is coming up with a name for your blog. Try to choose something that’s catchy and memorable. It might take some brainstorming to come up with the perfect name, but once you have it nailed down, the work has just begun.
-Set Up Your Design: Creating a professional design for your blog can be tricky if you don’t have any experience. In this case, hiring someone else might be worth the investment. You can also check out templates online to find something that fits your needs. For example, if you’re writing about workouts, there are templates designed specifically for this purpose available through sites like Themeforest and Creative Market.
-Create Content: In order to keep readers interested in your content, you’ll need new posts at least every few days. A great way to make this easier is by using an editorial calendar, where you plan ahead what topics you’ll be covering and when. For example, say I’m creating a series of articles about how I got fit from eating chocolate cake. First I would create an entire post dedicated to explaining why my mom made me eat all of her cake growing up as a child. Then I would post another titled Why Chocolate Cake Worked for Me outlining my personal story and why these steps helped me lose weight. Finally, I would post another piece detailing how much weight I lost after eating chocolate cake each day over the course of four weeks–which makes it easy to see that eating sweets can actually help dieters reach their goals! Remember to mix things up though so you’re not always focusing on the same topic.
– Interact With Readers: One way to increase engagement with your readers is by hosting giveaways. For example, you could give away free memberships to a website related to your niche or offer t-shirts emblazoned with your logo as prizes. When choosing what type of giveaway you want to host, think about how the prize will relate back to the content on your site and whether it will benefit both parties involved. If you’re looking for a company to sponsor your giveaways, try contacting companies like FitBit and Nike.
-Monitor Stats: In order to succeed, you’ll need to track the statistics on your site such as the number of visitors and the number of shares. Some platforms, such as Blogger, provide analytics tools built into the dashboard to help you with this.
-Market Yourself: Marketing yourself is essential if you want people to read your content. Using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are good ways to get more followers on social media accounts. Running ads on Facebook and Google Adwords are two other marketing strategies that can prove effective for reaching a wider audience.
So, you want to start a fitness blog but have no idea where to begin? You’re in the right place! This guide will show you how to start a fitness blog in 8 simple steps.
– Choose your blogging platform (two sentences): The first step is to choose your blogging platform. We recommend WordPress because it’s easy to use and has tons of features and plugins available. Plus, there are tons of free and paid WordPress themes available to make your blog look great.
– Decide on your niche (three sentences): Once you’ve chosen your platform, it’s time to decide on your niche. What are you passionate about? What do you want to write about? Fitness? Nutrition? Fitness tips for beginners?
Once you’ve figured out what you want to write about, it’s time to figure out what fitness and nutritional information should be included in your posts. That all depends on what your topic is, but if you’re writing a fitness blog for beginners, we recommend including information such as:
– How many calories should I eat per day?
– How much protein should I consume each day if I’m trying to lose weight or gain muscle mass?
– Which foods should I eat when following a low carb diet for weight loss or healthy living purposes? – When am I most likely to overeat and need to cut back on my caloric intake?
– What exercises can I do at home without any equipment to tone my muscles? – What type of cardio exercise burns the most fat during a 30 minute session?
– Are supplements safe for someone who doesn’t work out very often? Should they take vitamins too?
– Should they workout everyday? If not, how often should they go to the gym or exercise outside of their daily routine? – Can someone lose weight with strength training alone?
– Is eating every three hours better than eating six small meals throughout the day?
These are just some of the questions that may come up for beginners. But don’t worry, this list is just a jumping off point to get you started thinking about what information might be useful for people who want to start working out but don’t know where to start.